Concentration less etc.

I feel disinterested in studies though being a pg psychology student. I dont feel as happy as i was and less confident and low concentration. I hav high ambitions but many times i feel that nothing is worthy. I get anxious. I get angry early. It sumtyms turned into physical abuse too along with verbal. Feels kethargic.
views-icons 23 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Diwakar Sharma
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Delhi

Hi there, I have just read ur query. And I must say its not easy to handle all this for any human being irrespective of color language or our profession. This is not easy to accept that a problem exists howsoever temporary it may b in reality. You being a psychologist in making know the importance of thoughts in affecting our behaviour and emotions. What u r going through is the result of negative cognition and mafunctional assumptions . Biologically speaking u r running low on a neurohormone called serotonin which influences our affect and controls thinking . Basically u will need such medicines which enhance ur sertonin levels so as to control ur problem. A psychiatrist who commands ur faith will b able to help u in this. Besides some sessions of psychotherapy is only gonna help u learn more about ur self and psychology as well. hope this helps u but still feel free to raise further queries. Thank u...