Concentration

What should i do to improve my concentration level and focus more on my studies so, that i can study for 3-4 hours continuosly without loosing my concentration

Doctor Answers (3) on Concentration

Dr. Era S. Dutta Mumbai | Addiction Psychiatrist
Ideal studying time at a stretch should not be more than 45 mins to 1:30 hours. Studying at a stretch for 3-4 hours and wasting half of that pondering is less productive than studying for focused shorter durations like an hour to hour and a half. Ensure you study on a table and chair and not in bed. Try the following exercises- 1. mindfulness - focus on right here right now 2. Breathing exercises 3. Solving crosswords or puzzles in your free time 4. Yoga for over all well being
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Are u studying the course which you wanted OR you are doing something which was either available let or by force.???
If u feel any of the above is right I think you need to have clarity  on what is that you wanted to do in Future and how to accept and do it with passion
Maybe if u can consult a Psychologist and discuss these issues will might get clarity and focus on your studies.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...... Designate a place where you go only to study. Use proper lighting.Identify your distractions. Find ways to decrease them or to postpone them until study breaks... Divide your work into smaller manageable tasks that can be completed in a short period of time. Push yourself to complete one small task, then move on to the next task.