Chronic Urticaria

I am suffering from Urticaria for last 9 years. I have tried allopathy and homeopathy. Allopathy was nothing but having cetrizine tablets. It didnt cure the root cause. Then tried homeopathy which gave some positive results and lasted for some months. It has been reappering now for more than an year. I did the prick test and found allergic to many food items. But even without having these I sometimes get hives. Is there any permanent cure?

Doctor Answers (2) on Chronic Urticaria

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Till date there is no cure for urticaria. It can however be kept under control with medicines. If these are not helping you, then talk to your dermatologist regarding treatment with biologicals or AST which can offer long term remission.
Dr. Sidaarth Khera Delhi | Dermatologist
i understand your feeling of helpnessness. chronic urticaria is a really disturbing problem for the patients, but the take home message is you have to keep investigating for the cause and the list is quite huge number of tests. till the time all investigations are done, suppression with anti allergic medication is the only way forward.