Suffering from Urticaria
I am suffering from urticaria for last 5 year s and I have taken lot of medicines but it is still not permanently cured. Pls advise yje best and permanent treatment for this.

Dr. Shilpa Nayak
Allergist/Immunologist 12 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, Cure of urticaria depends on its cause for example if you are suffering from physical urticarias it may take 7 to 9 years to go. If your urticaria is secondary to food allergies than stopping that particular food will help. If urticaria is autoimmune in origin and resistant to antihistamines that newer forms of therapy for example autologous serum therapy is advised for long term relief.