Chronic Upper Back Pain
I checked with an Ayurveda doctor who suggested a treatment which is too expensive. They said there is an inflammation in my upper back. It hurts a lot especially when I am in office and can't move around much. Do I really need to get a scan for this ? If yes, what kind of scan ? Any home remedies I can try before having to take professional treatment. 29 years, male, slightly obese.

You are having disc bulge , Manual therapist like me can push the bulged disc, back to it's normal place. Visit my website naumika.com

+196
Chat with a doctor
Apply ice compression Avoid forward bending Avoid long time standing.
do strengthening exercises and streching exercises.
visit Physiotherapy clinic near by you.
Chiropractic adjustment will help. Core Strengthening Exercises. Hot & cold Pack.
Physiotherapy treatment and stretching exercise of neck
Consultant physiotherapist.. It'll have good results and spinal postural dysfunction.
avoid a pillow
do icing on inflammation area..
It can be mechanical back pain which results due to poor ergonomics at work.. you should read about ergonomics and try to follow that at your work. Secondly your back muscles can ne weak. You hav to work on your core group of muscle.
Visit a physiotherapist for assessment.
Avoid prolonged posture/ ergonomic care
You should consult an orthopaedic and make an appointment with PT for posture and back muscle strength training.
Try not to sit more than 30 min on your desk, stretch your arms, neck and lower back every 30 min or so.