Chondromalacia permanent

Is chondromalacia pattella permanently curable? I m under treatment for more than a year. Undergone MRI, tablets,HA injecion, physio. But not feeling a desired relief. I was active in sports but I can't even jog. Plz tell me the TRUTH. If it's not curable ,I will adjust my life accordingly. Do let me know. It's important for me.
views-icons 90 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Chondromalacia permanent

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Advice... Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. I hope you are not in much pain. I wont say that it is curable but it is rather managable condition. Condromalacia patellae happens due to the damage of the cartilage at the undersurface of the patella. This probably happened due to over use in your case as you say you were very active in sports. The condition can be managed by RICE (Rest, Ice, compression and Elevation) along with physiotherapy and certain drugs like NSAIDS. Kindly consult a orthopedician for further help. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.