Child is introvert

I have 5yr kid is introvert speaks less doesnot mingle up with children likes to play alone or with us only.he is shy ,reserve.adamicly is fine in writing but is not very eager in speaking.he is the single child at home and likes to be on his own while playing and in other activities.

Doctor Answers (1) on Child is introvert

Dr. Diwakar Sharma Delhi | Psychiatrist
hi there, I have read about your child's problem. He is avoiding people in these growing years becos of the problem of social anxiety. He requires special attention and behavioral modification to overcome this problem. He has to be encouraged and appreciated whenever he talks and reacts in a social setting. never to be punished or criticised especially in front of others. point out his shortcomings or mistakes in person. and never ever make comparisons wid other kids.
Special parent training is required sometimes for such behaviours with individualised solution to specific problems. Feel free to consult a psychiatrist or a psychologist as per your faith.
U r welcome to raise any further queries.
thank u.