Introvert nature

I am well educated working engineer. I am shy, introvert, less talkative by nature. Due to this I am nt getting the desired results in job, life in other areas however I have done well iny life. I have seen people who R smart, talkative and extrovert get successs in faster manner. Can nature of a person be changed by counselling or should I choose profession suiting to my nature

Doctor Answers (4) on Introvert nature

Ms. Tishya Mahindru Shahani Vadodara | Clinical Psychologist
hi, being shy, introvert, reserved, less talkative is not a problem. if you feel that you are not getting the desired result in your career and personal life, then you should seek counselling and this would definitely help you.
visit a psychologist and get therapy for your well being
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
One thing I would like to suggest is consult  a psychologist and have clarity about yourself and then decide
Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Hey you have a big plus point of being a good observer and listener which are required better to succeed in life than being more expressive or outgoing.
So cash on your personality rather than making it a drawback. Hope it helps you.
Ms. SnehaJanaki Ramesh Mumbai | Counselling Psychologist
Hello. You seem to be insightful on what's making it difficult for you to get desired results at work. It is common to see people who are extroverts succeed at work, however, success is not limited to them (or that personality trait). Nature of an individual cannot be changed by counselling, however, the counselor can help you develop social skills that will help you in your work life. As for choosing a profession related to your nature, introversion/ extroversion is not the sole criteria, which means you can continue to stay in this career and do well if that is your desire. Wishing you all the best. - Reflective Arena