Cavity in the molar

My tooth requires a root canal treatment and i am worried if it pains during or after the treatment. I consulted a dentist who also told that one tooth needs to be extracted. Will it pain during the treatment?

Doctor Answers (3) on Cavity in the molar

Hello..Rct and extraction are done under local anesthesia which is painless procedures.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Procedures like root canal treatment or extraction are done under local anaesthesia and are absolutely painless..... if you follow the instructions given by a dentist the postoperative pain or discomfort will always be minimal or zero..... nonetheless, you also have to understand that you can not delay the treatment like RCT because of your apprehensions..... it is better to have a brief conversation with your dentist regarding the treatment protocol to lower your anxiety regarding the procedure....
Regards.....
Root canal treatment itself means clearing the roots of infected tissues. So there wont be any pain after the procedure. During the procedure normally anaesthesia is given so numb that tooth so that you dont feel any pain. Regarding extraction also you wont feel anything during the procedure because of anaesthesia.