Broken tibia and fibula
I broke my tibia and fibula on 25th July 2016, had to be operated on and a titanium rod was inserted for proper healing. I work in an IT services company in Bangalore itself. Right now the pain is reduced and swelling is also gone but still the leg is not strong enough to bear load, though i put little amount of load while walking with the help of walker.I was planning to rejoin the job in october( so far i am on leave), and want to continue my physio sessions in bangalore itself.Please suggest if its a good idea.

Dr. Suman Gupta (PT)
Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

As of now you are on partial weight bearing. i will suggest you to take rest for at-least 3-6 months from the day of injury. Usually It take 6 month for lower limb fracture bones to heal completely.. Till then continue physiotherapy sessions in bangalore or where ever possible and continue those exercise at home too.
Once you complete 4 month from injury, depending on strength of your legs you can resume you work.
Dr. Jayakrishnan Pillai
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Bangalore

You are 6 weeks post surgery, and at this point of time the bone would not be adequately strong to take full body weight. You are perfectly on the recovery path if pain and swelling is less. Full weight bearing is allowed based on the fracture pattern and the judgement of your surgeon. Some simple fractures allow early weight bearing. You need to maintain good range of movement at knee and ankle. Simple exercises would suffice for this purpose. Discuss with your surgeon about the exercises. He will explain them to you or refer you to a physiotherapist for a few sessions. You can then continue to do them yourself.
Dr. Varun Aggarwal
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Panchkula

All fractures have an indentity of their own. Titanium rod doesn't mean it can take your full or partial weight. Better to discuss with the operating surgeon. And consult physio as advised already.
Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Raipur

Yes you do continew your physiotherapy. This will help to regain muscle strength, weight bearing etc. Do exercise within your pain limit.
Dr. Parag Patil
Orthopedic Surgeon 11 yrs exp Yavatmal

Hi , it would really help if you could post/send your recent xrays to ascertain the healing of the fracture. The tibia takes about 6-7 weeks to heal well enough to bear weight. So I guess you could resume work in a couple of weeks if all's well. But final decision rests with the operating surgeon. You would still need good physiotherapy to regain the muscle strength
Dr. Saurabh Bhalla
Occupational Therapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
certainly wait till 8th of september as that completes 6 weeks , get an X-ray done just to know the status of callus formation i believe you can even join before october by 15th or so , if everything goes well that is if callus formation is good.
continue with the therapy sessions. and ask the orthopaedic. about the load that you may be able to take.
Dont just overload the weal callus , and respect pain, Ankle pump exercises will keep swelling at bay. so continue that. and STAY HEALTHY
Hi..... Your doctor may tell you not to put weight on your leg for several weeks to months as the bone heals. Crutches or a walker will help you get around during this time. Some types of fractures can heal with weight bearing..... It takes around six to eight weeks for a minor fracture to heal..... Consult your orthopedician for further advice.....

How long does broken tibia take to heal