Tibia and fibula fracture
I had a tibia and fibula fracture in right leg.I was operated and rod has been implanted(tibial nailing).when can be the rod removed ??what is the recovery time after rod removal??

Dr. Mohit Madan
Orthopedist 14 yrs exp Ghaziabad
Can be removed after union. In most of cases it is not required to remove wherever required can be removed after 1.5 years. Usually with some brace support mobilzation started almost immediately after surgery. Time to get normal varies among patients usually 3 weeks to 6 weeks.
Dr. Vinil Shinde
Orthopedic Surgeon 9 yrs exp Pune
Yes the rod can be removed. Ideally it should be removed 1-2 yrs after surgery. The recovery time is 3 to 6 weeks depending on bone quality.