Brace on lower jaw

I want to know i have always seen people wearing braces on upper and lower jaw, so my question is my upper jaw teeth are perfect they r in their position but my lower jaw teeth only 3 on front are not in position so is this possible for me to get a brace only on my lower jaw plus i have heard if you'll put braces once its done change your voice is it true if it please i need a reason to convince my parents they told me that they have seen someone who's voice is changed completely

Doctor Answers (5) on Brace on lower jaw

Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
There is no change in the voice after the treatment. Voice changes because of growing up. Not due to orthodontic changes. Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Yes there are cases in which braces are put in either jaw only but that is always a decision of the orthodontist and never a patient's choice.... once you have made up your mind for the braces, presence or absence of braces in either jaw will not alter your voice or appearance too much..... so please go by the treatment plan advised by the orthodontist..... the voice changes are negligible during and after Ortho treatments and you should not become apprehensive after listening to subjective opinions of other patients.... please consult your orthodontist for a proper clinical examination and a few X-rays so that the correct treatment plan can be devised..... Regards.....
Everything can be done according the need and deformity... but for best advice u have to visit an orthodontist ..ge wil give the best possible solution for ur problem best of luck take care
No
Voice does not change.
Decision about Your orthodontic treatment shall be made only after clinical checkup and a couple of xrays.
As per your concern orthodontic treatment is possible  in your case of malaligned lower tooth .Braces don't induce vocal changes its just bcoz of the reason when braces are placed in upper lower tooth patient initially feels difficult in opening mouth .In few days patient adapts to the braces placed.Orthodontic treatment done at correct time preserve esthetic appearance as well .