Jaw growth
Will my mandible and lower jaw continue to grow after 15yrs I have a small lower jaw right now I am wearing braces for lower jaw expansion will my mandible and lower jaw become bigger in the future

Dr. Ankit Sharma
Dentist 11 yrs exp Delhi

It can be associated with overall growth of body, if you are having normal weight and growth, you should visit an orthodontist, there are some appliances to guide the growth of mandible during adolescent age, it reduces the chances of having braces in future, don't delay and visit an orthodontist.
Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

hello, ask your orthodontist for this as he is doing your treatment and he will be able to tell you about it.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Everything will grow propotionately. Jaw alone cannot increase in size but yes, a little bit increase can happen and will happen. Males continue to grow till 21 yrs of age. For further help you can consult a orthopedician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore