Extra tooth in lower jaw

I have an extra tooth behind my lower fronth teeth. As it is aligned vertically, it is pushing my front teeth forward, even the upper teeth are getting effected. And also, food particles are getting between that tooth and my front tooth. Some doctors have suggested for braces. Also, I have found that a new tooth is coming from behind my lower side teeth. Suggest what can be done in this case?

Doctor Answers (7) on Extra tooth in lower jaw

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there...at this age its your mis-alligned teeth...you need to consult a nearby orthodontist for proper diagnosis and plan treatment accordingly
Hi as u said u have an extra tooth behind ur front teeth...most probably its ur permanent tooth out of the arch alignment... for this u need braces and the new tooth coming behind is ur wisdom tooth for sure..ne ways u need to visit ur dentist for best advice and treatment planning..best of luck take care
Hi it's seems u have milk tooth retained in ur jaw go for extraction and then for braces
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
At your age of 22 yrs, its mostly the wisdom tooth which is erupting (which you mention as lower behind side teeth). In all possible scenarios, if the teeth are misaligned in the front, you would have to undergo treatment with braces. That would be the right possible approach at your age.
See in your case proper diagnosis is necessary before coming out for any solution, Go for OPG xray first and get checked by a skilled dentist to evaluate what is the cause behind the condition, its may be due to crowding or may be due to retained milky teeth and then we have to plan accordingly
Hi..undergo extraction if milk teeth followed by braces. All teeth will get aligned. Regards
Dr. Abdul Ahad Delhi | Periodontist
Hi. It's not uncommon to have this problem. Most probably, some of your deciduous (baby teeth) are still retained, leaving no space for permanent teeth to come in alignment, or there may be crowding of permanent teeth only. You need to consult an orthodontist for complete evaluation. Requirement of braces can be explained only after clinical examination and radiographs (X-rays).