Protruding lower jaw

Hi, my lower jaw is a bit in front of the upper jaw. I need an underbite correction. I asked for the treatment costs and they suggested braces for 1.5 years and the cost 20000. Well, I wanted to know if I can get this done a bit lesser and reasonable cost.

Doctor Answers (3) on Protruding lower jaw

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
The duration of treatment conveyed to you is absolutely correct considering your age...... the fees quoted is also quite nominal......please rest assured from this side...... what you need to understand beyond this is the fact that tooth movement is basically a camouflage treatment where in the jaw discrepancy cannot be corrected..... a few X-rays might be required to evaluate the jaw discrepancy and orthognathic surgery will be the best answer to correct the discrepancy in the jaws..... Regards....
Hi orthodontic treatment is a specialty treatment and needs to be done in stages using different thickness n flexibility of wires to achieve an aesthetic bite. This process would take anywhere between a yr to a yr n a half provided the patient complies with the treating specialist and reports for appointments on time. Once tooth movement is complete a holding phase of atleast 6 months is required for the teeth to be stabilised in their new position. Treatments done faster might require more forces to be put on the teeth which might not be good for the teeth in the long run. Alternatively, there are certain surgical procedures which can enhance the speed of tooth movement but these might not be recommended for all d cases. Treatment costs cover the cost of brackets n wires used for the treatment and quality specialty treatment should not be decided only based on d cost but the benefits and outcome of the treatment
P Varun Menon Thrissur | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
The details given as well as the photographs is fairly incomplete and inconclusive to give an confirmatory reply. The treatment plan also depends on the age. Looks like a skeletal class III condition as described when the lower jaw is in front of upper jaw.If u are above 18 yrs orthognathic surgery can also be considered as an ideal treatment plan.