cardiologist-icon

BP at 130-140/80-90

My BP is almost in the range of 130-140/80-90 when i tracked over the period of last one month. I don't want to go for any medication at the moment. Can i get back it into normal by healthy diet? I don't smoke or drink. I get enough sleep. I'm 86 Kgs now. I'm trying to bring it below 75kgs. Over weight could be the only reason for high BP in me? My sugar level n kidney performance are normal. I get mild headache once in two weeks or so.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 5 yrs exp Noida

Your range of Blood Pressure don't warrant drug therapy as of now Start brisk walking twenty minutes morning and evening Restrict your salt intake Adopt DASH (Google it to find details) Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You need to reduce your weight. Yes, you can try diet for maintaining optimal blood pressure.  You need to take less salt in your diet. Avoid pickles, papads, junk foods, soy sauce etc. They have high sodium in them. Exercise daily. Walk for 40 minutes a day. Stress is anotger cause for the high blood pressure, meditation and yoga will also be helpful. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.