Bone nd legs

Will rigorous cycling for 2 hrs(1hr in the morning nd 1hr in the evening) somewht help me reduce my bow legs(decrease the inward curve) as riding cycle would streach my legs resulting into leg straightening.?is butterfly exercise ny useful for dis conditon...i have heard of it as a somwht remedy in a long run...ur suggestions?

Doctor Answers (5) on Bone nd legs

one has to cross check which muscles are crossing you trouble, but neither running nor cycling can help you unless the cause is those group of muscles. So plz visit some Physio near by and get it assessed once.
I regret to inform you that cycling for hours will nt improve ur bow legs ...it is unfortunately a deformity n cud b d/t many reasons which hav to b confrmed by an orthopaedic .Adv u to see an orthopaedic who can guide u in ur case ..
Dr. Suhel A Khan Pune | Orthopedist
Bow legs might be due to a lot of reasons. 1 is Rickets that is Vitamin D deficiency disease of childhood. And it will definitely not improve with cycling. Need to consult an Orthopaedician, and get Xrays and blood tests done. ( Serum alkaline phosphatase and Vitamin D3)
Dr. Devanand D. More Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
If you have bow legs cycling will not help you in straightening it You need to consult a orthopaedic surgeon He will calculate your deformity and guide you further
Dr. Sridhar shirodkar Navi Mumbai | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hello.. Will have to look into the cause. Cycling to reduce the curve is a myth. If the changes are in bone (Tibia) its difficult to return back to normal. But I would suggest you to continue cycling as it will improve strength of limb muscles. It will surely avoid worsening of condition.