Bleeding gums
Sir, I was suffering from measles due to which my gums became weak and started bleeding even if I brush my teeth or eat something which has pointed edges like fruits. It is also resulting in bad odour.Please suggest what is to be done

Dr. Avinash Sahu
Dentist 7 yrs exp Bilaspur

Hi, you should visit a dentist cz though general health is definitely associated with oral health, but measles cant cause permanent damage to your gums. There must be definitely underlying cause like either plaque or calculus or both. So scaling and polishing is needed. Definitely your oral health will improve. Best of luck.
Dr. Sumanto Bagchi
Dentist 11 yrs exp Delhi

Hello, there are many reasons for bleeding and painful gums. Apart from the reason you specified, gingivitis(gum inflamation resulting in bleeding gums) may also be due to lack of proper oral hygiene which includes improper or aggressive brushing, usage of toothpick or other similar interdental cleaning aids. Homeopathic or ayurvedic medicines which include syrups. Any form hormonal imbalance or treatment. Also Systemic diseases such as diabetes etc. Management may include correction of the cause along with use of specific medicines to control or reduce the inflamation. In your case you may start with use of a( chlorhexidine gluconate 0.2% based) mouthwash. Do the mouthwash specifically after soft brushing morning and before bed time. Avoid eating or drinking afterwards for at least 1 hour. Try the above for a week and check