Bleeding gums
Hi Doctor, My friend says her gums bleed sometimes when she brushes her teeth not often but thrice a month....she says her teeth don't feel normal..is it a cause for concern....pics attached

Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

Hello! bleeding from gums could be because of deposits on your teeth. Visit your dentist and get a deep scaling done. Brush twice a day and rinse after every meal and floss regularly.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

The photographs that you have posted are unclear and quite dark..... but bleeding from the gums is a clinical sign of gum inflammation..... your friend should visit a dentist for a proper chemical examination...... most likely a session of teeth cleaning will be required followed by a guidance about proper brushing technique to maintain the best gum health in the future..... Regards....
Dr. Anand Shinde
Dentist 7 yrs exp Bhopal

Hello, I can see mild inflammation in gums. Professional scaling is required. The other reasons include faulty toothbrushing, deficiency of Vitamin C. I will advise the patient to visit a dentist nearby, preferably a periodontist.
Dr. Arun Swarup
Dentist 37 yrs exp Mumbai
Good evening, Sorry for the late response, it doesn't look like it would be a matter of concern but there maybe several underlying factors responsible for bleeding gums including a vitamin c deficiency. It would be better if she visits a dentist as a clinical examination is important to eliminate things that can't be seen clearly on the images. Also a routine cleaning would be recommended to get rid of the plaque and calculus to enhance the general oral health care. Have a biting fit day!