Bad breath

I'm having problem of bad breath since 2 years I brush twice a day floss my teeth and clean my tongue weekly

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

It is good to hear that you floss your teeth regularly, but please understand that what we remove by brushing and flossing is the plaque, but the hardened deposits called calculus cannot be removed without professional intervention..... for the best gum health, you might be requiring a session of tooth cleaning..... please get a proper clinical examination done by a dentist as soon as possible.... Regards....
Dr. Arun Kant
Implantologist 6 yrs exp Delhi

There can be numerous causes for bad breath. Dental concern could be due to deposits around teeth, gums or surrounding structures, less secretion of saliva, bad eating habits, uncleaned tongue etc. Other could be due to ENT or Gastric problems. Better to consult a dentist soon for proper diagnosis and its cure thereafter. Naturopathy is a very good option if its not a dental problem.Take care. Naturopathy Dental., Dwarka
Dr. Sanjay Shah
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 30 yrs exp Mumbai

Numerous causes of bad breath.  Tartar is most common..  Chronic gingivitis,  periodontitis is also the cause.  Infections in the sinuses and throat also..  gastric problems also..  So get urself evaluated regarding the same..Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre anytime. God bless u.
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 16 yrs exp Bangalore

Recent research findings points at clustered deposits on the surface of tongue and dietary influences being part of bad breath. Use of a soft tooth brush or a tongue cleaner with regular professional cleaning from a dentist should get help you.
Dr. Binu Joseph
Dentist 25 yrs exp Ernakulam

Try to wash your mouth immediately after eating. Drink more water daily. More than calculus, dryness of mouth is an important factor. Do scaling every six months.
Dr. Mayank Shah
Prosthodontist 7 yrs exp Varanasi

Usually bad breath is due calculus deposits or any type of decay.In this case visit a dentist for Scaling(cleaning). But some of my young patients dont have any calculus deposits or decay and then also complain of bad breath. In this case it is because they are having night eating habit i.e. eat during night in intervals and do not clean their mouth.So for them I advice FRESHCLOR a mouth wash particularly meant for bad breath
Dr. Avinash B. S
Periodontist 15 yrs exp Mysore

Hi. I understand the problem of bad breath can be disgusting. Hope I can help you. For the success of any treatment a correct diagnosis is important. Have you visited a dentist regarding this problem? Has any diagnosis been made? There are many causes for bad breath, some are of dental origin and some have origin at ENT. If it is of dental origin a dentist can detect it and provide you the required treatment, if he is unable to do that, at least he would refer it to a periodontist who is a specialist of gum diseases. For causes other than dental, you need to refer a physician. However I would suggest you to please visit a dentist, preferably periodontist for a precise diagnosis. Regards
Dr. V.K. Shukla
Dentist 8 yrs exp Lucknow
Actually bad breath may be due to dirtyness between gum & teeth or due to maxillary sinusitis a disease of heaviness and pain in haed or due to any decaying teeth or due to gum infection of 3rd / last molar .so please u visit a dentist for the correct diagnosis of the problem after that treatment will be easy.
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 15 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello..bad breathe most commonly may be due to deposits .kindly visit dentist for clinical examination and go for scaling of your teeth.