dentist-icon
Bad Breath
From last week I have been observing bad breath. Odour is not too strong, but close ones could notice that.
195 Views v

Answers (6)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

Hi Bad breathe may be due to deposits (plaque and calculus)........you need to go for scaling(teeth cleaning).... Cleaning should be done every 6 months... Even though you brush regularly only 90% will gets cleaned by tooth brush and the remaining 10% will gets accumalated as soft depsoits(plaque) as the days passes it will gets harder (tartar) that needs to be cleaned professionally by dentists
Next Steps
kindly visit dentists for further clinical examination and management
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Go for professional cleaning by a dentist and start using a mouthwash
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Please brush twice a day with modified bassman brushing technique you will find on YouTube Tongue cleaning Avoid too many diary products
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Maintain oral hygiene. Brush twice daily. Use mouthwash wash. Clean oral soft tissues. Drink plenty of water. Visit dentist to learn brushing technique. Visit dentist for professional teeth cleaning.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Hi, kindly get a Consultation done with a dentist for presence of any tooth decay or tartar. A deep cleaning and polishing can be done at a dental clinic to get rid of bad breath. Thanks and regards, Dr Soniya.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Bad smell from mouth can be because of reasons like:- 1) improper oral hygiene 2) incorrect brushing- leaving plaque adhered on teeth 3) eating habits- (certain food cause more smell) 4) systemic problems eg. acidity The most common cause is the plaque / calculus (food particles), that get deposited on teeth/ junction area of teeth and gums. Once it becomes hard it’s difficult for the person to remove it with simple brushing. Treatment:- 1) first of all get a professional scaling (cleaning )and polishing done from dentist 2) learn the proper brushing technique and brush twice everyday (morning and evening before sleep) 3) use mouthwash atleast once a day (or as prescribed by your dentist) 4) make sure to rinse your mouth with water after everything you eat 5) visit your dentist for follow up every six months for complete oral checkup.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.