Bad breath
Dear sir/madam, I'm suffering from badbreath since 2 months . I started using listerine ,clove and elachi for my mouth cleaning and brushing twice a day. In spite of the above mentioned still I'm facing the problem. Please suggest the causes and remedies

Hey there. Well there are so many reasons for Bad breath...and the remedies which you have tried are temporary as they only mask your odour temporarily... Ideally you need to see an experienced specialist (Periodontist:gum specialist) who will take a thorough history and diagnose cause and treat accordingly for permanent resolution of your issue

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+175
Chat with a dentist
No home made technique will work.please visit dentist and ask for cleaning/scaling.That's it.Your problem will be solved  immediately. Regards
SCALING
Do warn saline rinse.
Hello, you need to visit a periodontist(gum specialist) to get your cleaning done and to evaluate the condition of your gums.Only listerine will not help.Regards,Dr sumanmakam,Dental arts,jayanagar,Bangalore
Hello, bad breath could be because of deposits on your teeth or food lodged in your teeth. Visit a dentist get your scaling and polishing done. Brush twice daily, maintain proper brushing technique, floss regularly and rinse after every meal.
Please visit a dentist asap. In most of the cases, say abt 90℅, the cause is not doing the cleaning properly. Most of us brush twice daily but still have this issue cause we don't follow the correct technique. I m sure at your age a cleaning and maintenance should solve the issue for u
don't experiment at home.
see how you do after cleaning..if still some issues persist visit your dentist for further investigations
Dear , Main causes of bad breath include: Tobacco:tobacco products cause their own types of mouth odor. Additionally, they increase the chances of gum disease which can also cause bad breath Food: the breakdown of food particles stuck in the teeth can cause odors. Some foods such as onions and garlic can also cause bad breath. Dry mouth: saliva naturally cleans the mouth. If the mouth is naturally dry (for instance, in the morning) or is dry due to a specific disease (such as xerostomia ), odors can build up Dental hygiene: brushing and flossing ensure the removal of small particles of food that can build up and slowly break down, producing odor. Crash diets / Fasting : fasting and low carbohydrate eating programs can produce halitosis. Drugs/Medicines : certain medications can reduce saliva and, therefore, increase odors. Other drugs can produce odors as they breakdown and release chemicals in the breath. Mouth, nose and throat conditions:sometimes small, bacteria covered stones can form on the tonsils at the back of the throat and produce odor. Diseases: some cancers , liver failure and other metabolic diseases can cause halitosis due to specific mixes of chemicals that they produce.
I would like to recommend you to try these remedies before going to dentist for a day or two... Lifestyle and home remedies for bad breath include: Brush teeth: brush at least twice a day, but preferably after each meal. Floss: flossing reduces the build-up of food particles and plaque from between the teeth - brushing only cleans around 60% of the surface of the tooth. Clean dentures: anything that goes into your mouth - dentures, bridge, mouth guard - should be cleaned as recommended on a daily basis. Brush tongue: bacteria, food and dead cells commonly build up on the tongue, especially in smokers so brushing the tongue is beneficial for that. Avoid dry mouth: drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol and tobacco, both of which dehydrate the mouth. Chewing gum or sucking a sweet (preferably sugar-free) can help stimulate the production of saliva. Diet: avoid onions, garlic and spicy food. Sugary foods are also linked to bad breath. Reduce coffee and alcohol consumption.
If all above don't work then it's recommended to go for a good dentist. Let me know if I can help you in any possible way. HAVE A GREAT AND HEALTHY LIFE AHEAD  :) Regards, Dr.  Shalini Tolani
Halitosis ( bad breath ) can occur due to various reasons.  Hence knowing the cause is very important so that the treatment can be done accordingly. Few of the causes can be Gastrointestinal Disturbances(GERDS) Starvation/Fasting Diabetes Some patients develop bad breath when they have fever One if the causes can also be poor oral hygiene and periodontal problems. Visit a dentist to know your oral hygiene status, if required they will do the scaling( oral prophylaxis ). If it is due to any other reason get treated accordingly.
After scaling follow the instructions given by your dentist such as brushing techniques, tongue cleaning, using suitable mouthwash ( if required) or flossing and maintain the same.
Knowing the cause is very essential in order to treat the problem. Visit your nearest dentist for opinion regarding oral hygiene status and proceed.
Bad breath can be reduced or prevented if you: - practice good oral hygiene. - Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove food debris and plaque. - Don't forget to brush the tongue, too. - Replace your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months or after an illness. - Use floss or an interdental cleaner to remove food particles and plaque between teeth once a day. - See your dentist regularly -- at least twice a year. He or she will conduct an oral exam and professional teeth cleaning and will be able to detect and treat periodontal disease, dry mouth, or other problems that may be the cause of bad mouth odor. - Drink lots of water. This will keep your mouth moist. - Chewing gum (preferably sugarless) stimulates the production of saliva, which helps wash away food particles and bacteria.
Hello madam Bad breath is most commonly seen in cases of periodontitis..you cannot take mouthwashes without a dentist prescription... pls undergo full mouth screening and I'm sure ur dentist will do the needful..
Greetings, Bad breath is usually due to the deposition of a biofilm on the teeth and gum line called plaque and its calcified form called tartar which houses numerous micro-organisms.In few cases diabetes can also cause bad breath. CAUSES:- If the patient has not been brushing twice a day and not flossing at least once a day. -Mouth breathing -In case professional cleaning has not been done for more than a year
I would advise professional ultrasound cleaning if not done for more than 6 months.
Its better to use a mouth wash after the professional cleaning has been done for the best resultsand brushing twice daily is mandatory
Hi,The reason for bad breath maybe is because of deposits on teeth called tartar.Get a professional cleaning done from dentist .There are other resons for bad breath such as stomach upset problem,cough & cold problem & drinking less water.