Bad breadth

I have consulted many dentist and they have treated me with medications. Fourth time I have consulted and they gave me the same treatment . I have quite smoke and alcohol consumption and still I am facing the problem. I brush three time a day and also drink 4/5 liters of water. I can't eat anything. Please !

Doctor Answers (3) on Bad breadth

Hi as u said u hv consulted ur dentist many times, please do consult ur physician once cause the other common cause of bad breath is gastric irritation or indigetion, surely this wil help best of luck feel free to ask ne further queries..
Bad breath might be due to numerous reasons, but the most common reasons are decayed teeth and gun infections. Other possible reasons are smoking, alcohol, certain foods that causes bad breath, ENT problems, lung infections, kidney related issues, Diabetes, Gastric problems etc and many more. So the solution for bad breath depends on the identification of the underlying cause.
Hello, I understand your concern. There can be multiple reasons for bad breath. Some of them are plaque causing pyorrhoea, unclean tongue, GERD ( gastroesophageal reflux disease) diet related for example having milk before bedtime after brushing etc. So the correct reason needs to be diagnosed in order to solve the issue. As per your detail provided you were a tobacco user so it is advised to first get a cleaning procedure done (scaling) on order to remove plaque and stains from you teeth. Also incorporate the use of a non alcoholic mouthwash along with your brushing regime. And most importantly make a habit of cleaning your tongue with a non abrasive tongue cleaner or tooth brush. Follow the above for a week and check.