Anxiety issue

I recently visited a psychiatrist (in August) and started eating some medicines based on my evaluation. But I could not visit my psychiatrist again because I had to shift to a different city. Now, I am really confused about my dosage of the medicines. I was prescribed to take Tab Pari CR(25mg) and Tab Nexito. When I moved to the different city I could not get nexito but continued with Pari CR(25mg) dose. Then I reduced the dose to 12.5mg and took that for a month. Now, I have reduced the dose to 6.25mg. But lately I have been facing some problems confusion, dizziness and some other problems related to my head which I cannot explain (side effects perhaps). This means that I was not supposed to reduce the dose in that manner or I was supposed to do it with certain other medications. So, I would really like someone to help me out with a correct dose by which I can eventually stop taking the medicines in a proper way.

Doctor Answers (1) on Anxiety issue

Adjustment of dosage of any medicine should be done under the supervision of the treating psychiatrist. The drug Paroxetine (Pari CR) may not be effective when taken below 12.5 mgs. Please consult another psychiatrist in person and follow the treatment guidelines more seriously. Otherwise your condition may become chronic and also become difficult to treat afterwards. Meanwhile take all precautions such as a disciplined alcohol-free and tobacco-free life with regular exercise and meditation, and wholesome sleep every night. All the best.