Ankle pain and swelling
I'm facing a ankle pain as I fell down and twisted my ankle a little. I have a swelling. What should I do?
72 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 14 yrs exp Chennai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹750 for 24 hrs

Thanks for asking me to reply. Most ideal thing to do is to visit an ortho surgeon who can evaluate your ankle and order an xray of necessary. This will help determine if you have any bony injuries or just a simple sprain. From your side avoid bearing weight on the leg. Ice the swelling, and keep your feet elevated on a stool. The ortho surgeon can also prescribe meds for you. I am not able to prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. Apply a crepe bandage firmly without being right. This compression will help reduce the swelling quickly. Good luck.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.