Ankle Joint Pain
Hii. I had calcaneum fracture more than 7 yrs back. Now when I m running dere is no problem but after running the ankle joints pain & become stiff. Ankle doesn't take weight properly for a day atleast. After that it becomes fine.. This happens after every long run of around 10 km. Short runs upto 6 7 kms dere is no problem. Please tell me what shld I do. I m fond of running & wants to run marathons.. But my leg is not supporting me.

This treatment is being suggested on bases of the information provided. However I would like to examine & investigate you  in detail. -Control  Hypertension, Diabetes or  metabolic disorder, if there is any. --. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding. --. Keep no pillow under the head. --. Avoid painful acts & activities. --. Fomentation with warm water. Let the part not be exposed to cold. -- .Do mild exercises for the affected part.-back and lower limbs and foot and ankles. --.(Take help of physiotherapist or you can visit my YouTube channel Dr. N. C. Gupta and watch 'Me & My Yoga' and 'Yoga Simplified'. Kindly subscribe to the channel to get continuous guidence. https://youtube.com/channel/ucpeqc6b1ywzwin048jsu6rw -Any way it may be tried, --. Ugesic (Piroxicam) 20mg 1 tab od x 5days --. Caldikind plus  (Mankind) 1 tab OD x 10 days. -(You may need help of your local doctor to get these medicines.) Kindly make sure, there is no allergy to any of these medicines. --For emergency treatment visit nearest hospital. --Wish you a quick recovery & good health.  Dr N C Gupta MS (ortho) DMC no.3624
Hi, There can be two reasons to that: First there may be a ligamentous injury in the ankle due to which you are experiencing these symptoms Secondly, many patients complain of chronic pain issues following a calcaneum fracture For detailed explanation and further work up consult directly Hope it was helpful to you!!
Instability in the ankle can be a sign of undiagnosed ligament injury around the ankle- which can be confirmed through physical examination and relevant radiological investigations. Once the cause of your problem is identified, specific therapy can be started.
Get an orthopedic consultation.
Hi Consult directly with me through Practo for detail discussion, history , treatment plan and prescription. Here u can chat or can do audio or video call . Click on this link and get connected with me https://www.practo.com/aurangabad/doctor/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1?cache_refresh=true