Ankle fracture
Slipped down on 6th September and my left leg ankle twisted.It was dislocated.As a result I had communited fracture at distal most part of TIBEA POSTERIORLY.There is detached fracture at MEDIA MALLEOUS.Small detached fracture also at lateral MALLEOUS.My age is 25 years.For linear fracture in distal shaft of left fibula my orthopedic surgeon did internal fixation with mettalic screws and plate in position with situ and for ankle he did close deduction for dislocated ankle then inserted K-WIRE.Now when its 22 days of surgery DR. Is suggesting me for ankle movement. Is ankle joint movement favourable in just 22 days?

Dr. Gireesh Kant Snehi (PT)
Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Gurgaon

Agreed with Dr ahuga You treating Dr is the best person for you rt now. So go according to him.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Gentle ankle range of movements Contrast bath for 15 minutes.
Dr. Rahul Rane
Orthopedic Surgeon 11 yrs exp Mumbai
U can do ankle movement but don't put weight on the involved limb. Your operating  Dr is the best person to tell you the things more clearly. Have faith on him and follow his instructions.
Nil Wight bearing movement using crutches or Walker.
Dr. Divya Ahuja
Orthopedic Surgeon Mumbai
getting an online opinion like this not going to take you anywhere, it will add to the confusion. Best is to follow the advice of the treating surgeon because he is the one who has performed the surgery and knows how strong and stable the fixation is to allow movement. To answer your question - yes ankle movement at 2-3 weeks intermittently outside the cast or splint is allowed if the fixation is stable, otherwise results in ankle stiffness