Weight loss, PCOD

I have been diagnosed with PCOD 6 months ago. Got my periods twice, both times due to Regestrone 5mg taken twice for 5 days. Doctor said I need to get my weight under control. I weigh 71kgs and I'm 153cm tall. What are the different options I have for weight loss? Is zumba or aerobics a good way? Should I join a gym class with a proper trainer? I'm a final year student and I intend to leave India for further studies in another 6 months or so. Can I get better before then? Weight loss is my highest concern now but I just can't find my resolve. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight loss, PCOD

Anitha Narayanamurthy Bangalore | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Eat small frequent meals atleast every 2.5 to 3 hrs.Increase intake of fruits and vegetables atleast 3 fruits and 5 vegetables a day.Drink 8-10 glasses of water.Sleep atleast 8hrs in the night.Include fiber rich foods and avoid processed products.Reduce carbs abd increase protein intake.Exercise for atleast 1hr in a day.Choose any form of exercise that you will enjoy and will be able to do regularly even after u go abroad.Health is a continuous process and not a one time fix