Weight loss

Im 21 yr old girl. i have to loss my weight. I have thyorid also. my weight is 63 kg and height is 5 ft i have also cyst problem in my ovrian. Can you give me better suggection, how to loss my weight

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight loss

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, Certain guidelines about diet that need to be considered for weight loss are: 1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively. 2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods. 3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight. 4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet. 5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets. 6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day. Most important is treatment for your hypothyroidism. And Polycystic ovarian disease is another condition, due to hormonal imbalance which makes you gain weight, physical exercise (with hormonal therapy) and tab metformin will help you lose weight, losing weight will reduce the complications of PCOS in future.