Weight Loss

I have relocated to a new place. But I am facing continuous weight loss. I have lost 15kgs in a year and my weight isn't according to Body Mass Index. What should be done ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight Loss

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
The diagnoses are quite variable and may include reduced food intake, organic causes,or psychological disorders; however, among many older adults, no obvious medical cause can be identified. A variety of nonpharmacologic interventions may improve energy intake and lead to weight gain. In some cases, access to quality nutrition is the main issue. The most common approach to the treatment of weight loss among older adults is consumption of high-energy/high-protein oral supplements between meals as a means of increasing daily energy intake. The role for pharmacotherapy remains limited at present.Avoid junk foods,add extra calories to your diet,have 4 to 5 meals rather than large 3...add protein rich foods and healthy fats to diet for e.g..egg white...add fibre rich foods like green leafy veggies,carrots,Apple, etc. Add green tea to your diet .you have to eat more foods high in amino acids,calcium, zinc, iron, copper and regular exercise without failure......consult dietitian for further details