Weight gain

Post pregnancy weight was 90 kgs. After 15 months it's 65 kgs. Still far from my pre- pregnancy weight of 58 kgs. Is it possible to lose the tummy flab?

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight gain

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Yes definitely u can lose tummy fat easily. I have many cases with same thing .I can help u with 4-5 KGS weight loss and tummy fat loss easily with diet and exercise only no medications or supplements or no dash or crash diet .that too permanent weight loss.ping me for your help
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Yes madam it is possible. Follow these steps ,it is pretty common to see weight gain after your pregnancy due to hormonal imbalance during pregnancy, most of the times it will get reduce after the pregnancy some times it doesn't . Here what you have do , no need for heavy exercise, Daily walking (brisk walk) for 20min morning and evening along with diet control help you to reduce weight. Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss regarding diet are: 1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively. 2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods. 3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight. 4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet. 5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets. 6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day. And drink lemon juice with out suger daily.