Weight gain due to pcod

I am suffering from pcod and find difficult to maintain my weight. Its incresing day by day . I want some tips so that i can help myself towards losing weight.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight gain due to pcod

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. First of all take treatment for PCOD. Here are a few tips to reduce weight. 1. Drink lots of water. 2. High protein, low carbohydrate diet must be followed. 3. Intake of calories should be less than the daily requirement, and you should get most of the calories from fruits and vegetables. 4. Avoid rice and rice products. Green tea twice a day. 5. Burn more calories than you have taken. Cardio workout must be followed. Any form of excercise which keeps your heart rate raised to a level of 140-150 burns fat effectively. 6. If you are very dedicated and follow all these sincerely you would be able to lose 15kgs in 4 months. All the best. Regards