Wanting to put on weight

Hi doctor , i am 23 ears old. height 5.1 m ... and my current weight is 47 only. i am trying a lot . eating healthy food only . but not able to put on weight. please suggest respectively that helps me add on healthy weight according to my height.

Doctor Answers (3) on Wanting to put on weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Why u want to gain weight according to ur height ur weight is fine. U need to get stamina and have strength to look fit and healthy may be replace fat with muscle mass.I can helpnu with such kindof diet
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins.... Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, try to repeat this in the evening also....include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and based on the history you have given, you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass so avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation....if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina....Consult dietitian they will do the needful.
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits and vegetables like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits,papaya,guava,carrots, tomatoes all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins. Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, if possible nuts like almond, walnut, peanuts etc try to repeat this in the evening also. Include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass try to avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation.if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina and strength.if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician.