Vitamin B12 deficiency.
Recently I tested my vitamin b12 level out of curiosity and I found it to be at 219 which is just above the minimum normal range value. Should I start taking B12 supplements? I am a vegetarian and milk seems to be the only B12 source for me.

Dr. Praveen Rustagi
Ayurveda 19 yrs exp Delhi

Hi Body needs vit B12 to make blood cells & to maintain a healthy nervous system. If you don't have any symptom of anemia , fatigue & Other nervous system symptoms like tingling & numbness of arms or legs then no need to panic.You can increase your Vit.B12 count with diet also. Here are some rich vegetarian sources with you can increase in your diet -- Fat free milk and yogurt , cottage cheese 1./. Swiss cheese , paneer , icecream vanilla ,whey powder , fortified Soya products (tofu ,soya milk), fortified cereals & eggs ofcourse(if you can start eating).
Ms. Simran Saini
Dietitian/Nutritionist 5 yrs exp Delhi
It is advisable to go to a physician and start vitamin B12 supplements under guided supervision. This vitamin is very vital for major body functions and cannot be substituted from natural vegetarian sources dear