Violent acts, depression
My brother has been acting really violent since a few days and has harmed himself and others around him repeatedly, has been having emotional breakdowns, feels lonely and hurt and in turns angers himself, doesnt sleep much. I don't how to get him to a psychiatrist as he refuses to take any help... Can i get any suggestions on any medication help initially so that he cools down and can accept help ? What do i do ?

Dr. Vikas Patel
Psychiatrist 4 yrs exp Ludhiana

Don't worry, from your history he is suffering from psychiatric illness. It may be psychosis or depression with psychosis. I have to evaluate in detail.
Dr. D. S. Poonia
Psychiatrist 5 yrs exp Jaipur

Hi, definitely your brother is suffering from some psychiatric illness but history provided by you is not sufficient to reach at diffrential diagnosis. In psychiatry many patients have lost their insight so there is no need to worry. Just visit a psychiatrist asap to get proper help. You can manage things if you try. From your history it appears that there is possibility of harm to self or other. In such situations Don't waste your time and manage to visit a psychiatrist.