Unwanted Hair Removal

I have undergone laser hair removal (over 20 sittings) on the face from 2 different doctors. I ended up having excessive, very coarse, hair growth on my face that i did not have before. I wanted to know about electrolysis treatment for hair removal. Is it 100% assured hair removal? Or is that also just "hair reduction" like laser. Are there any other side effects or downsides of electrolysis treatment?

Doctor Answers (1) on Unwanted Hair Removal

Greetings! Electrolysis is an outdated treatment. It is more permanent than LHR but can leave small scars or pigmentation in some cases. It is important to know that - did you get evaluated in detail for any hormonal imbalance...? because as long as that is not taken care of, you ll continue to have thick coarse hair and more and more of them. If you are over weight and have PCOD that has to be settled first...! See a qualified dermatologist near you; further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards.