Unstoppable thoughts

I experience unwanted, unstoppable thoughts continuously. It's like my mind is at war. Specially when I listen to music, the music keeps playing in my head for days. This has been happening since my teenage years. I even had a blackout in my exam once due to these thought. I have had a few sleepless nights. Fear about death, money has always been there. I avoid sitting in groups and even holding a cup of coffee as I feel my hands while shake and people will think I am a psycho. Can't I have a clear mind. I take aplrax 0.25 sometimes and it helps but can't I have something which keeps me at a clear state all the time.

Doctor Answers (3) on Unstoppable thoughts

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
You are suffering from ocd spectrum disorder. You need medicines. Don't take alprax as and when required. Go for permanent solution. Visit a psychiatrist.  Have faith on meds and your therapist.
Dr. Udayan Bhaumik Kolkata | Psychiatrist
Do you keep having these thoughts even when you do not want and you do not know why it is happening??It looks like OCD spectrum..could you clarify?
Dr. Arun Jacob Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
As far as I have understood the issues your are dealing with is from a longer duration. The medication that you are on is it prescribed by someone?. From your symptoms is indicative that your problem falls under the anxiety spectrum for a specific diagnosis and treatment it would be advised that you seek help of a mental health professional without delay.