Underweight

Hello Doctor. I'm 25, soon going to be 26 this November. I have always been underweight. I want to gain weight but the problem is that I don't feel like eating much. I would eat something and then I'd feel satisfied. I don't have the hunger. I weigh around 45 kgs which is way too low than what it should had been. Kindly help
views-icons 106 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 10 yrs exp Pune

U need 22 KGS muscle gain. Its due to high metabolism. I can help with 4-5 KGS muscle gain in month
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It is important that you gain muscle mass and not fat. Ideal weight for your height is about 67kgs. As you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician and endocrinologist for further queries.