I'm underweight.

I need to gain weight, I'm 5ft and weigh 40 kgs . I followed a diet plan from the internet which made me eat lots of food in a day and eventually I got bad stomach, I don't exercise much and its really hard for me to stick to something (being consistent) but I would love to have a professional help and I promise to maintain the consistency for my own good because I must. ☺

Doctor Answers (1) on I'm underweight.

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
The diagnoses are quite variable and may include reduced food intake, organic causes,or psychological disorders; however, among many older adults, no obvious medical cause can be identified. A variety of nonpharmacologic interventions may improve energy intake and lead to weight gain. In some cases, access to quality nutrition is the main issue. The most common approach to the treatment of weight loss among older adults is consumption of high-energy/high-protein oral supplements between meals as a means of increasing daily energy intake. The role for pharmacotherapy remains limited at present....Avoid junk foods,add extra calories to your diet,have 4 to 5 meals rather than large 3...add protein rich foods and healthy fats to diet for e.g..egg white...add fibre rich foods like green leafy veggies,carrots,Apple, etc. Add green tea to your diet .you have to eat more foods high in amino acids,calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium...do regular exercise without failure......consult dietitian for further details