Unable to sleep

Hi, I am unable to sleep because of change in my schedule continuously would you suggest me any medicines or tips for better sleeping.
views-icons 48 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Unable to sleep

Sir, you are just 25 years old and thus any sleeping medication will only lead to worse situation in future. Here are a few tips that you can try. 1)Before your time of sleep on any given day, do not eat a heavy meal. Avoid oily ,high protein and carbohydrate food. Eating heavy meal will keep you up and uncomfortable. 2)Wear loose clothes whenever you are going to bed ( needless to say but still...) 3) Wash your feet and face with normal temp water, dry them and apply some soothing lotion. You may even massage the soles of your feet with your own hands. 4) When you lie down, take a few long slow deep breaths, this relaxes the body and puts it in sleeping mode. 5)Try sleeping on your side , better left than right if you have eaten earlier than half an hour . Be in a knee chest or foetus position rather than stretched straight on back. 6)You must try yog nidra meditation or Dr.Brian Weiss's relaxation meditation , they are available for download on the internet by the same names. I hope this works for you. Good luck.