Ulcers on tongue/throat

I have put braces for my teeth from past 3 months. Suddenly from 2 days I got lot of ulcers on my tongue edges and throat area. It's burning too much and facing difficulties while swallowing anything.

Doctor Answers (5) on Ulcers on tongue/throat

Hi..its common during initial days after putting braces. Ask your dentist to give wax it will help and start applying pansoral gel four to eight times on the ulcers. Regards
With braces u may get ulcers in areas where it is hurting you but you seem to have ulcers on tongue edge that's possible but u cannot have in throat area due to braces..kindly take vitamin bcomplex for some days and apply mucopain gel before eating on the ulcers avoid hot spicy stuff..get checked by ENT once.
You can use dologel ct gel on ulcers Do confirm if any wire is hurting if so visit your dentist
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
A few ulcers do form in the mouth where there is friction between the braces and oral tissue. The best way to overcome would be to use sugar free chewing gum and stick it on the area of the braces where there is constant friction. These ulcers are usually self limiting and would remain there for a week. During this period its better to be on a bland diet. Spicy food will hurt you and increase burning sensation.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
avoid taking spicy ,hot ,chilly food items , avoid smoking ,chewing beetle nuts , alcohol, take vitamin tablets ,apply local anesthetic to area ,have tender coconut, buttermilk . have lot of fruits and vegetables...add fibre rich foods like green leafy veggies,carrots,Apple, etc. Add green tea to your diet .you have to eat more foods high in amino acids,calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium...do regular exercise without failure...consult physician.