diabetes-icon
Type1 or type 2 diabetic?
Hba1c is 7.2 fasting 112 & after 1.5 hours of breakfast 236. I am overweight & sweat a lot also get tired quickly am i type1 or type2 diabetic? i am 29 year old female

Dr. Sameer Sahay
Diabetologist 10 yrs exp Pune

I believe you are concerned about this because type 1 is worse than type 2. Unfortunately there is no short answer to your question. The thing is sugar readings alone do not diagnose this. Even the age and obesity can occur in either type. It requires measurement of insulin, sugar, and sometimes genetic & molecular testing to determine the type. Many patients and even doctors are fooled by the clinical presentation and wrongly classify type 1 & 2 accordingly. It could be harmful to you if I take a clinical guess based on your description as it is your body and you definitely should not rely on guesswork. However don't be alarmed as both type 1& 2 are fully treatable if diagnosed properly.