Toothache (molars)

So one of the molars on the lower left of my mouth is in a bad shape, and requires RCT. But that is scheduled for early next month. So, in the meanwhile, I need ways to bear and manage the toothache arising from the same tooth. It pains a lot, even as I write this. Please help. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (7) on Toothache (molars)

How long have you been suffering from pain already? And next month is still 15 days from now. It is not advisable to suffer from pain for so many days neither painkiller nor antibiotics can be given for 15 days. Get root canal started at earliest. Plus tooth can break even more in this period
Or if the shape is so bad (broken) depending on available tooth structure get it removed or treated don't wait. 
Hi.. delaying root canal and taking medication is not recommended. Medications are given only for five to seven days and not month. So visit a nearest dentist and start the root canal. Regards
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Can u tell me why u want to go next month for ur root canal treatment.  Plz do it asap.  Meanwhile start with an antibiotic regimen such as Augmentin Duo 625mg twice a day for 5 days ( if not allergic to Amoxicillin) along with Combiflam thrice a day.  Both tablets after meals. Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.
Hello as pain is so severe better start off the treatment rather than delaying. Even if you take medication that just causes a temporary relief. Over a period of time as you delay the treatment the case may become worsen for even Root canal treatment to perform at that time. So better plan immediately as soon as possible..
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Please do not delay this treatment for such a long time because the problem can get aggravated in the meanwhile..... any medications, whether antibiotics or pain killers, will not cure the problem but rather only relieve you of the symptoms and that too temporarily...... consult your dentist as soon as possible and request for an appointment at the earliest.... Regards....
No point in delaying till next month. If pain killers are effective then well and good otherwise you can request your dentist to give your case a priority to atleast initiate root canal therapy to curb the pain.
Take Analgesic medicine and avoid chewing from infected side. Consult dentist ASAP. Dot delay for next month . The tooth will further decay and saving tooth will b an issue.