Tooth pain

I am having a big swelling in back tooth area since last few days. I need to know why it is there and how it can be treated in shortest time possible. I am taking antibiotics and painkillers for the same

Doctor Answers (6) on Tooth pain

Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, you can do salt water rinses as a home remedy. but this will give you temporary relief. you need to visit a dentist and get an x-ray before taking any medications. the swelling could be due to the eruption of your wisdom tooth. so if pain persists, you can get it removed.
Hi, the reason for the swelling has to be diagnosed first, whether the swelling is because of carious tooth or last molar eruption or any periodontal problem. Depending on the cause the treatment has to be done. So its better to stop the medications and go for dental check up.
Hello, Mam,you need to visit an oral surgeon to get the wisdom tooth area checked.If it is infected,they may advise removal.Do not delay.Treatment is the only solution and not medication. Regards Dr Sumanmakam
Dr. Idris Md Bangalore | Implantologist
First and foremost visit a dentist and get evaluated with the issue you facing. If it is the last wisdom tooth it has to be extracted. If other tooth either it can be saved or extracted depending on the severity and underlying infection. Dont delay.
Hello.. 1. Do not take antibiotics and painkillers without doctors prescription 2. Visit ur dentist/oral surgeon 3. Undergo radiographs 4. Get the teeth removed as advicedby the dentist
You should consult your dentist and get a x-ray of your affected side teeth so that you can get right treatment ( may be root canal or extraction, depends on your tooth condition)
It may be due to grossly carious teeth or some infection there. So you can't get relief from antibiotics only.
avoid swelling side posture sleep