Tooth enamel erosion

My son 2.7 years having tooth enamel erosion and it is in starting stage. Doctor mention 38k to 48k. I feel he is over charging. Any suggestion?

Doctor Answers (3) on Tooth enamel erosion

Erosion could be due to many reasons. We can always try with preventive measures first,wait and watch for sometime before going for invasive procedures. Good luck
Hi firstly u need to know y ths happened..if the kid has been bottle fed specialy during sleep then this may be the cause..apart from this all of the erosions can be restored and the cost told to u is way too high if the procedure needed to be done in the dental setup only...best of luck feel free to ask ne further queries
Your son is very young to co operate for any treatment at this age.. So looks like the doctor has suggested the treatment to be done under general anesthesia in a hospital set up.. If tat is the case then this charge is nominal only. Before proceeding it's always better to take a second opinion because general anesthesia has its own ill effects. Hope your son gets well soon.