Tooth bleaching

As a child I drunk water with large amount of Floride in it.so I have some yellow stain on my teeth .but when I asked Dentist abt tooth bleaching he said that it is not good for teeth and it will harm my teeth.so plz guide me in this matter .
views-icons 87 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Tooth bleaching

Effect of bleaching is very mild on fluorosis teeth, bleaching may cause little sensitivity due to micro cracks in enamel, so ur dentist might hv advised not to go for bleaching
Stains caused by fluoridated water are intrinsic stains. Bleaching might not work in these cases. The degree of staining has to be determined to know the best course of treatment. Please visit your dentist for a detailed examination.
Go for pfm crown or veeniring
Tooth bleaching is a safe procedure for any one but in ur case the yellow stains due to flurosis may not be completly reduced by bleaching. U have to go for ceramic veneers to get good results...