TMJ problem
Hello doc, I have TMJ problem as I'm getting clicking sound whenever I chew food or open my mouth. It creates difficulty also to chew food bites. I visited to a doc in my city. He took x-ray of my teeth and found out that I have overbite jaw. So I need to put braces on my teeth for 1.5 years to balance both the jaws. I need to confirm this.. are the braces permanent solution of TMJ problem ?

Dear practo user, For accurate diagnosis and apt management of this problem u need to consult a good oral medicine specialist. Myself oral Medicine and Radiology specialist MDS from MAMC/MAIDS, delhi.  U can teleconsult on my page here on practo for this.I will take a detailed history for your problem, guide and manage accordingly. Thanks

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Yes most of times braces are the permanent solution for your type of problems. Go ahead
Deep bite is one of the cause of TMJ pain. Braces is the natural and ultimate way of treating Deep bite.
Book your appointment with orthodontist
Hello, If your TMJ problem is related to deep bite, I’m sure it will be relieved with orthodontic treatment ( braces). In TMJ pain, we need to address the cause of the pain which can only be done by doing a check up. So, if your doctor has diagnosed TMJ pain due to deep bite. You should go for Orthodontic treatment.
Go ahead with the orthodontic treatment.