TMJ Pain and deep bite

I am suffering from TMJ pain since 3 years. I first consulted my dentist in 2013. Both my upper and lower pairs of teeth were misaligned . Now , through wearing braces upper teeth have been corrected ( still wearing braces ), but the doctor was very conservative in his approach and finally he decided to give a bite-plate to wear for lower teeth , so that my lower jaw will remodel itself. That reduced pain for a certain period of time , and the pain started again. So, I consulted another renowned orthodontist a year ago , whose treatment plan is to first extract two pairs of teeth( for faster progress ). Next , both my lower and upper teeth were tied with braces . Later, I was asked to wear Trainer ( for TMJ pain) during overnight and atleast one hour during day time.I am wearing that since 6 months . My deep bite has changed , and my pain gradually reduced.Now again it has come back, and this time more severely. I am not able to talk and chew the food as it pains immensly.pls help

Doctor Answers (2) on TMJ Pain and deep bite

Pain in the tmj can be due to various reasons.. only with proper examination we can find and treat the exact problem which is causing pain. My advice would be to stick to one dentist/orthodontist throughout the treatment as changing the treating doctor midway is not advisable. Tc
TMJ pain maybe caused due to many reason's . One such reason is malalignment. Hence clinical evaluation is need to find out the root cause of the problem.