Tightness and pain in leg

I have never done exercise before. But since the past 5 days, I have started going for morning walks/jogs. But after few minutes there's a tightness in my legs and a minute pain. Is it because of my shoes? Or is my body still adjusting to the exercise?

Doctor Answers (4) on Tightness and pain in leg

Dr. Priyanka Bhati Faridabad | Physiotherapist
Dear friend
I think it's because your muscles are still getting adjusting.
Take warm bath and start with mild walk for few days than proceed to jogging slowly.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
: Keep your leg raised while sitting or lying Quadriceps strengthening exercises- Quad Clenches: Lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, Hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
Dr. Prakash Katariya Raipur | Physiotherapist
Your Posture Should be Analyse First with The Help of a Good Physiotherapist.
Dr. Devanand D. More Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
It's common to have these symptoms when you start exercising
Warm up before you increase the intensity of exercise
Also gradually increase duration and intensity of exercise
Use good cushioned footwear
If you have pain after exercise do cold fomenting with Ice packs