diabetes-icon

Thyroid & PCOD

Hi. I just got my Thyroid checked and my FT4 is 1.16 and TSH is 3.94. I would like to know is that normal? I am currently taking a dose of 75mcg. I am also suffering from PCOD since 4yrs where my menstrual cycle has stopped completely. I am in search of a good gynaec for that issue. I request you to kindly prescribe me the current dose of Thyroid pill for me and also the medication for PCOD. Attached is the copy of the Thyroid report for your reference. Thanks in advance

Doctor Answers (2) on Thyroid & PCOD

Dr. Tom Babu Ernakulam | General Physician
Your thyroid values seem to be a bit high given that you have PCOS as well. I would suggest you meet an Endocrinologist locally who can treat you well for both hypothyroidism as well as PCOS.
Can get in touch with me presonally if they want to or meet a local Endocrinologsit
Dr. Rakesh Arora Amritsar | General Endocrinologist
For hypothyroidism, I presume that your initial TSH must have been more than 10. As of now, your TSH is well within normal limits. You can continue the current dose. For PCOD, you need to get yourself tested for treatable causes of PCOD. No suggestion can be given without proper clinical exam and investigations.